Day-5 "W" Trek at Torres del Paine

Day 5 Refugio Chileno to Laguna Amarga
I decided to go the Torres peak to see the sunrise.
I planned to wake up at 4:30, but other trekkers in the same room put alarm at 3:30, so I woke up earlier, and started my walk up at 4:30.
Walking in the dark passing the jungle was quite scary experiment.
Tried to convince myself that ghost existence was absurd, meanwhile seeking for protection from God, from my dead uncle and aunt.
After 2.5 hours walk through the jungle, and through the steep open space path to the peak, I arrived at the top about 6:15.
The sky was cloudy and I was afraid I could not see the sunrise reflection on the Torres peak.
At 7:00, the red light started to reflect on the peaks.
Everybody was amazed. But it was not long due to the cloudy sky.
A while after, the peak became yellow.
I left the peak at 8:00 started climbing down.
I arrived at the Refugio before 9:30.
After taking a rest a while, I started to walk to the Hotel Las Torres at about 10:30.
On the way, I walked with an interesting German young guy named Nikolai, talked along the way with him and arrived at the luxury beautiful Hotel Las Torres just before 12:00.
My mates were laying on the grass relaxing, waiting for the shuttle bus to Laguna Amarga, where we should get on the bus to Puerto Natales,
They said the shuttle bus to would only depart at 14:00.
So I decided to walk the 1.5 hours, according to the map, to the Laguna Amarga, with Nikolai, and the New Jersey couple, Amber and Bob at 12:30.
The walk felt longer than we expected, but we managed to arrive at the Laguna Amarga bus stop at about 14:10.
Eventually, there were several shuttle buses before 2pm and our mates managed to get on the bus, just waved their hands to us while passing by us and left us with the dust.
The bus left the Torres del Paine at 14:30 and we arrived back to Puerto Natales before 17:00.
It was Sunday that the restaurant we planned to go to eat big meat was closed, so we decided to have dinner together at a nice vegetarian restaurant named El Living.
many trekkers waiting for sunrise

finally, the sunrise reflection!

red became yellow

sun keeps moving

became lighter

and brighter

with occasional cloud

am i cool?

attracted by the artistic side of dead trees

jump high!

Hotel Las Torres, USD 500 per night!

from the hotel lobby

last walk! 2.5 hours from Hotel Las Torres to Laguna Amarga bus stop

the German mate, with the back of nice bridge and view!
The end of my W trekking.
Was blessed with the good weather and good new mates.

No comments:

Post a Comment