New Mates met during the Trip

Meeting new people, for me, is the greatest part of a trip.
This trip to Chile, I met incredible people, that meeting them was one of the nicest thing in this trip.
This post is attributed to them.

Paula (Chile) was my host from Couchsurfing on my first night in Chile, at Santiago. She was a nice and informative girl, easigoing and nice to talk with. She was a PhD student on microbiology in a national university in Santiago. She had a nice couch to sleep on :) She even cooked me dinner! She welcomed me warm even after my plane was delayed for 12 hours. Thanks, Paula.

Kate (US) and Jasper (Netherland), a very nice and caring couple. They met each other during their trip to Cambodia they said. Met them at Torres del Paine since we planned exactly the same schedule for the W trek. Kate often teased me about not getting lost in the way, and often offered me food! :)
Cathryn (Australia) is a so so nice and cool lady, fun to be with and easygoing. We stayed in the same hostel Singing Lamb in Puerto Natales and we walked together on Day 1 to Refugio Grey. We shared the same room in Refugio Grey for ourselves. On Day 2, we also partly walked together to the Frances Valley. We took the same schedule of W Trek so everynight we had dinner together. She said that she would take also the Navimag ferry trip, but I didn't saw her on the ship, so I guessed she met a charming prince and changed the itinerary?! :)
Nicolai (German) is the person who will be a leader in the future, I believe! He has charm that people gather around him. And he can talk for hours without stop, never lack of subject to discuss. He is intelligent and fun to be with. We walked together on Day 5 from Refugio Chile to Laguna Amarga. He was traveling alone, in a very economic way, by camping and bought food from the groceries.

Amber and Bob (New Jersey) is a really cool couple. At first when I saw them in Refugio Grey, I thought they were hippies, and scary people seeing their Amber's tattoo and Bob's earing. But, like people say, don't judge the book from the cover. Getting to know them better after a lot of talk and spending meals together, I got to know that they are a very nice and caring people. Amber is a very intelligent and philosophic lady. She lead a hot discussion on religion on our last day at the El Living, the subject she took on her graduate study in UK. Bob didn't talk much, he is kind of simple, kind, and sexy guy. They were also in the same schedule on W with me, but they stayed outside in the camp site, even though they took hot meals from the refugio so that we had dinners together. We walked together in the last section from Hotel Las Torres to Laguna Amarga.
Secyl (France) and Martin (German) is a genious couple?! working in the same company designing airplane. While Martin was a calm and quite; Cesyl is energetic, positive and funny, or rather crazy :p We walked the same schedule on W, then we met again in Punta Arenas to take the penguin trip to Isla Magdalena. We had a nice last dinner in Punta Arenas in a nice restaurant after getting lost riding unknown public bus together.


No comments:

Post a Comment