Day-4 "W" Trek at Torres del Paine

Day 4 Refugio Los Cuernos to Refugio Chileno
I left Refugio Cuernos at 8:15 and started to walk alone east.
After a walk along the Lake Nordenskjold, I headed to the well signed short cut to Refugio Chileno.
Passing a huge savannah,  and a turn with an amazing view of the gorges, I arrived at the Refugio at 12:45, that was a 4,5 hours walk.
I checked in and took a hot lunch in the Refugio with my new mates, the New Jersey couple, Amber and Bob.
At about 14:00, I decided to climb to the Torres del Paine mirador to see the crown of the park.
After passing a jungle for more than an hour, I arrived in the open area where there was Camp Torres. The path to the mirador at the peak was really steep, and hard to climb, but the view on the top was rewarding. The Torres del Paine peeks with the green lake were amazing.
I went down to the lake, the water was refreshingly cold. I stayed there for more than an hour, enjoying the atmosphere and chatting with mates, then started to walk down at 17:00. On the way back, I found the dead trees in the forest were really artistic that I took lots of photos of the trees.
Arrived back in the Refugio at 18:30, we had a great dinner and wine with the nice trekking mates.
Morning at Refugio Los Cuernos

4th day trekking course

morning glory at Cuernos del Paine

with pretty local girls

savannah

some people use horse

the river near Refugio Chileno

the gorges near Refugio Chileno

the path to Mirador Las Torres

the jungle on the way to Mirador Las Torres

steep path on the way to Mirador Las Torres

Torres del Paine, arrived!

Amazing Torres del Paine, the crown of the park!

the pool

we did it! all of us!

cool dead tree!

nice dinner and wine and mates!

No comments:

Post a Comment