Day-2 "W" Trek at Torres del Paine

Day 2 Refugio Grey to Mountain Lodge Paine Grande

I woke up 6:30 in the morning and walked to the mirador I went last night. It was cloudy that I couldn’t see the sunrise. I decided to walk further to the glacier, but took the wrong way to the left, where I ended up in the peninsula in the middle of the lake.
The wind was so strong that I couldn’t stand still and blew away.
the "Ice Chunks Bay", view from Mirador Lago Grey

front view of the glacier

a bit closer to the glacier

the border between the ice and the water

closer look at the glacier

Glacier of Lago Grey, how huge and long it is!

this scenery also seen

Lago Grey

see how beautiful the color of Lago Pehoe

the board direction to Lago Grey

the view from Mountain Lodge Paine Grande, the place I stayed on my second night

Mountain Lodge Paine Grande

the duck amazed by the peak of Cuernos del Paine

the lodge under Paine Grande and near the lake Lago Pehoe
I turned back, and walked to the right of the bay.
After about 1.5 hour walk uphill (I was happy walking without my backpack), I arrived in the next camp site. The mirador was just above the border when the glacier ice met with the lake water. I was amazed at how broad was the glaciers (if I am not wrong, it is said 9km long of glacier!).
It took about 1 hour to go back the Refugio Grey. Arrive at 10:45, passed the check out time of 10:00. I took a rest and my picnic lunch, and started to walk down back to Mountain Lodge Paine Grande at about 12:45.
I walked so slowly that I arrived at the lodge about 17:00. It was cloudy and the wind was so strong on the way back, but the sky became clear when I reached the lodge. The color of the lake Lago Pehoe was beautiful emerald green.
I was amazed by the new lodge, the place I would sleep that night. The Lodge was surprisingly huge, beautiful and new, like a hotel. The room was so clean and bright and there was a pillow, such a contrast with the last night Refugio Grey.
The restaurant was self service. They had also bar (there was a “sour hour”: 2 glasses of pisco sour for the price of 1) and a minimarket.
The location was also great, sandwiched between emerald green Lago Pehoe and magnificent Paine Grande and Cuernos del Paine.
Wanted to stay here longer…
With my new mates, we had drinks at the bar and had dinner together.

No comments:

Post a Comment