Arrive in Chile! Walking around Santiago

After more than 30 hours flight and 10 hours delay at Dalas, finally I arrived in Santiago on Sunday, 27 February 2011.
Took the Centropuerto bus and subway to my Couchsurfing host, Paula in Santa Isabel.
I arrived in Paula’s apartment about 10pm where she gave me a warmth welcome. We chatted and she prepared me dinner.
Paula was a PhD student in microbiology in University of Chile.
The next day, I went to Mercado Municipal to eat seafood soup.
Paula warned me not to eat at Donde Augusto, because they monopolized the Mercado Municipal.
So I went to a small restaurant recommended by Lonely Planet, Danielle Palais. The price was cheap, but I got diarrhea the next day :(

A local student Issaac then took me around the city, to the center and Barrio Santa Lucia.

View from Barrio Santa Lucia

Ballet Dancers on the Road


No comments:

Post a Comment